Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Can I Change The Default Download Folder?

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support Can I Change The Default Download Folder?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I run CCEnhancer by clicking a shortcut that is in a different location as the actual program. There are two small issues I have running it this way:

1. CCEnhancer does not give you the option to select the download folder, it just downloads it to the folder where it resides. Therefore I have to always browse over to that folder to get the .ini file.

Is there any way to configure the default download location? If not, can I at least make it download the .ini file to the folder where the shortcut is, so that I can see/grab the file right away?

2. When I click the Download button CCEnhance outputs a message at the top of the window which says where it’s downloading the  file. If the path to the download location is longer than the width of the CCEnhancer window the end of the path gets chopped off, so I can’t see where the download went.

This second issue compounds the first one because not only is it downloading the file in another folder, I also can’t see what that folder is.

Will you guys consider either making the window resizable or adding a log window that is scrollable?

Thanks.

Jan

#10420 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

One other quick thing, after downloading the cc .ini file and running CCleaner there were tons of new entries and none of them were checked. You can’t select them all at one and check them so I had to click each one which was a bit tedious.

Can you configure CCEnhancer so that the .ini file enables the rules by default? Or prompt the user prior to downloading?

Ty.

#10421 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Is there any way to configure the default download location?

Yes. Go to Settings -> Portable Locations. That will copy to downloaded .ini file into whatever directory you specify.

winapp2.ini must be downloaded into the same directory as CCEnhancer.exe for security reasons. User Account Control (especially on server OSes), firewalls and antivirus software will often block apps from dropping files into the Program Files directory, where CCleaner typically resides.

Can you configure CCEnhancer so that the .ini file enables the rules by default?

Many of the rules have warnings associated with them, which CCleaner triggers when they are clicked. Defaulting them all to ‘enabled,’ or even providing an option to do so, could be immensely dangerous.

Will you guys consider either making the window resizable

We can make the Window’s maximum size a little larger, sure.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #10421 in Can I Change The Default Download Folder?
Your information: