Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

CCEnhancer 3.3 problems on 64bit Win7

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support CCEnhancer 3.3 problems on 64bit Win7

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Upgrade form 3.1 to 3.3 works OK on 32bit XP. Where 3.1 works on 64bit Win7, with 64bit CCleaner only. But 3.3 deletes existing winapp2.ini and won’t open 64bit CCleaner (perhaps looking for 32bit CCleaner)?

#4362 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

CCEnhancer will always open the x32 CCleaner. On x64 systems; CCleaner x32 will automatically close itself and launch the x64 binary instead.

As for removing the winapp2.ini file; this will only happen if CCEnhancer is in the same directory as CCleaner, and ccleaner.exe is missing or has been renamed.

My guess is that you’ve deleted ccleaner.exe, under the assumption that you don’t need it on an x64 system. If this is correct; you can either reinstall CCleaner, rename CCleaner64.exe or revert back to CCEnhancer 3.1 or older which doesn’t perform the extra checks.

#5051 Reply
    Dan

CCleaner is installed on a x64 system in the regular program path. Both 32 and 64 bit .exe are present and have not been renamed.

I am running CCEnhancer 3.3 from a backup directory on an external hdd, and it deletes the winapp2.ini file within that same directory. CCleaners installation file is in the same folder, although renamed.

Seems like a problem with version 3.3.

#5296 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Made some improvements in the upcoming 3.4 that will hopefully resolve this.

#5348 Reply
    RAY

I RUN CCLEANER FROM C:\CCLEANER WITH CCEnhancer 3.3 IN THE SAME DIRECTORY.
    VERSION 3.0 USED TO OPEN CCLEANER AUTOMATICALY, BUT NOW VERSION 3.3 WONT DO THE SAME.
    IT ONLY WORKED WHEN I MOVED CCENHANCER3.3 TO A DIFFERENT DIRECRTORY.

P.Sorry bout caps!

#5349 Reply
    RAY

edit
    i’m on win xp3 32bit

#5358 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Please upgrade to CCEnhancer 3.4

#5381 Reply
    Dan

v3.4 still deletes the winapp2.ini if it’s executed in a directory other than the default CCleaner installation directory.

It does, however, only launch CCleaner64.exe automatically if it’s not in the default installation directory of CCleaner.

#5382 Reply
    Dan

edit to the above:

v3.4 still deletes the winapp2.ini if it’s executed in a directory other than the default CCleaner installation directory, AND winapp2.ini is in the same directory as CCEnhancer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #5296 in CCEnhancer 3.3 problems on 64bit Win7
Your information: