Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

CCEnhancer – AVG detects trojan \"SCGeneric2.tcv\"

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support CCEnhancer – AVG detects trojan \"SCGeneric2.tcv\"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Some time between Thursday (6/22) and Monday (6/26), AVG Business Edition started detecting a trojan signature in the CCEnhancer executable (CCEnhancer-4.4.2.exe) named “SCGeneric2.tcv.”

I haven’t updated this executable recently, so I can only assume that AVG’s definitions were updated and subsequently triggered a threat detection. I allowed AVG to remove the file and I re-downloaded CCEnhancer, but AVG again flagged the executable.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is it safe to whitelist CCEnhancer-4.4.2.exe?

Thanks in advance.

#12188 Reply
    Phobos

Look at this check. I do not see any problems.

Windows 11 Pro Insider, x64

#12191 Reply
    Charles

I also use AVG and detect it … have windows 7 x86. Virustotal does not mark it, I do not know why. Metadefender.com detects it, look here: Look at this control instead

Metadefender is a site similar to viruses by OPSWAT.

#12193 Reply
    Phobos

1 from 40. It’s 100% problem of AVG. I wrote to the AVG technical support of false positives.

#12273 Reply
    Phobos

Hello,

Thank you for contacting AVG.

The detection of provided file by AVG was incorrect, and we can confirm that the file is safe. The detection was removed in a recent AVG update.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #12191 in CCEnhancer – AVG detects trojan \"SCGeneric2.tcv\"
Your information: