Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

CCleaner with winapp2.ini changing my pinned shortcut

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support CCleaner with winapp2.ini changing my pinned shortcut

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I run Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit). Since I upgraded winapp2.ini file to the latest version with CCEnhancer, an extremely annoying bug started to happen every time I run CCleaner:

I have several icons (shortcuts) pinned to my Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar ( full path to these shortcuts is %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar ) and one of my shortcuts there have a property set under its Compatibility tab: Privilege Level: “Run this program as an administrator” is checked, simply because I always want to run that particular program as Administrator.

Since I upgraded CCleaner and winapp2.ini to the latest version about a week ago, I started noticing that every time I run CCleaner, the “Run this program as an administrator” checkbox gets unchecked in this shortcut!!

This is totally unacceptable, because if I run this program as non-administrator then it has limited capability, basically the program becomes completely useless. I use this pinned shortcut every day and I also use CCleaner every day, but this bug makes my life miserable…

I narrowed the problem down to winapp2.ini file, because if I do not use it then the problem does not happen. However, I would prefer to continue using winapp2.ini rules.

Trying to solve this, I unchecked the following items under CCleaner / Applications: QuickLaunch DiagnosedApplicationsQuickLaunch ImplicitAppShortcuts, QuickLaunch and Recent Items More but disabling these options did not help. :(

Can someone please tell me which winapp2.ini rule do I need to disable in order to prevent this problem from happening?

Also, I do not understand why CCleaner with winapp2.ini is changing a property of one of my shortcuts which is a pinned shortcut. CCleaner should leave these pinned shortcuts alone, IMO.

I also reported this issue on the Piriform forum, here: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=45119 but they said the winapp2.ini is not supported by Piriform.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Zoltan

P.S.:  I use the latest CCleaner and CCEnhancer ( latest winapp2.ini file )  as of today ( 11/25/2015 )

#11206 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi Zoltan,

You’ll have to identify the offending entries using a process of trial-and-error. As the winapp2.ini file is community sourced we can’t offer support for individual entries.

#11211 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I finally solved it. It was the “Compatibility Assistant” checkbox under the “Windows” section.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #11211 in CCleaner with winapp2.ini changing my pinned shortcut
Your information: