Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Confused on Home page

Home Forums Product Support JavaRa Support Confused on Home page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Aussie

Dear Singularlabs … maybe I’m lazy or maybe I’m busy … but your home page seems awfully confusing …

I want to “… removes old and redundant versions of the Java Runtime Environment”

There is no clear option to do this! I can update Java Runtime and I can remove JRE? Do I need to 1) remove JRE and 2) download and install the latest JRE and 3) update? I don’t get it.

“Simply select “Check for Updates” or “Remove Older Version” to begin.

Neither of these two options exist in the diagram! I see Update Java Runtime? I see Remove JRE? What option do I use. Can we just say “JRE” on both??

Please change the home page to indicate exactly what the program does and which option to choose to do it …

#7434 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback.

We’re still in the progress of updating the text/documentation on our website to reflect the changes in JavaRa 2.0. Once this is done; hopefully the confusion can be resolved.

#8031 Reply
    Pierre (aka Terdef)
    Participant

I agree, but it is not easy to explain on the home page of the program. Maybe with a little pop-up text when the cursor is on the icon.

1 / Update (or install) then clean the traces of what is old and outdated that installers / uninstallers left.

2 / Delete a version (or all versions) then clean the traces of what is old and outdated that installers / uninstallers left.

3 / Update the signature database

4 / Miscellaneous

Pierre (aka Terdef)
    Internet / Web security & privacy

http://assiste.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #7434 in Confused on Home page
Your information: