Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Couldn’t get SystemNinja Free to run after installing

Home Forums Product Support Couldn’t get SystemNinja Free to run after installing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert Laughlin

I’ve been using CCleaner for years, on the recommendation of someone years ago when I went to a computer help forum. It could have been BleepingComputer, or Computing.net, or some other help forum. Periodically, when prompted, I install the newest version of CCleaner Free. I typically do a couple scans a day, just to get rid of browser bloat and slow downs due to spending time on a news site that has discussions. Every so often, I also use the registry scan to get rid of useless leftovers from installations.

I’ve got a computer that has Windows 10 Pro, version 21H2, OS build 19044.1766

Recently, I asked for help on BleepingComputer help site, when CCleaner kept prompting me to shut down Edge Chromium at the beginning of the scan. This puzzled me, since I don’t normally use Edge, but rather, use Google Chrome to browse the web. I have three browsers (Edge, Chrome, and FF), of which I only choose to use Chrome. I used to use FF, but felt at some point that it was bloated and slow, so I switched to Chrome. Anyway, someone on Bleeping.. told me that he hasn’t used CCleaner in years, and suggested I switch to SystemNinja, so I followed his link and installed the free version of SystemNinja.

Upon attempting to run the program, after install, a small window popped up, with the words “Scan for Junk” at the top, and a choice below of drive C, with a checked box, and drive D, box unchecked. I figured cleaning C was good enough, and looked for some way to make that choice, whether it be a “NEXT” box, an “OK”, or just hit “Enter”. None of this worked, and the box title (Scan for Junk) would just flash when I tried anything, and I couldn’t shut down SystemNinja either, with this little window still open. So, repeatedly, I had to restart, since I tried it several times, with the same results.

Someone over at Bleeping… asked if I rebooted after installing SystemNinja, and no, I didn’t. So maybe it wasn’t a clean install? Anyway, they suggested I run it by this forum. I uninstalled SystemNinja Free, using the uninstall offered in the SystemNinja folder. It informed me that the uninstall was successful, but there were things left behind that I would have to remove “manually”.

So, they told me that someone here would be able to tell me how to proceed, or how to undo any particular damage I may have caused by an incorrect installation.

Thanks for your help.

Robert

#19978 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi Robert, before we investigate any further, are you able to confirm whether this also happens with the beta version?

#19979 Reply
    Robert

Don’t know of any “beta version”. Is that the same as the free version?

#19980 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Couldn’t get SystemNinja Free to run after installing
Your information: