Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Default Program Locations

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support Default Program Locations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zinal

I recently downloaded CCEnhancer and I must say that it’s an amazing little utility for an already amazing program!

However, I noticed that the winapp2.ini file that is generated by CCEnhancer assumes that the programs are installed at their default locations (Usually %ProgramFiles%).

Most of my programs and games that is covered by CCEnhancer is located on a separate drive.

Wouldn’t it be possible to make CCEnhancer detect the installation path of an application by using the registry, instead of assuming the default installation path?

#12448 Reply
    Phobos

CCEnchancer has a “Portable Locations” function, use it.

Windows 11 Pro Insider, x64

#12450 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Actually, I don’t think the portable locations feature would help in this instance.

CCleaner uses environmental variables to find programs. CCEnhancer, by extension, also needs to use these same environmental variables. Your best bet would be to set up proper junction points.

#12454 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually, setting junction points would be of no use to me.

All programs that I deem system-critical (Such as NVIDIA Geforce, Anti-Virus, etc) are located on my system drive (I.E %ProgramFiles%), but the rest are scattered on my different drives.

I ended up writing my own program to rewrite some of the sections in the winapp2.ini file, based on installation data (Registry, WMI, etc).

So, instead of using environmental variables, it uses absolute paths based on my own system.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #12448 in Default Program Locations
Your information: