Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Duplicate finder

Home Forums System Ninja Support Duplicate finder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Les Marshall

I have windows 10 and I just ran duplicate finder for the first time, many over 125700 files were found, is this unusual? Is it safe for me to delete all the files? and is there a way that I can delete all the duplicate files at the same time without highlighting every file?

#11939 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi Les,

If you’re not looking for duplicates in a location you specifically know they exist, or are using it to find a specific file or checksum on the disk, I strongly suggest not touching the Duplicate Finder tool. It’s far too potent (and potentially dangerous) for a non-advanced user.

#12178 Reply
    Christian Quezada
    Participant

Good Morning,

Estimates by performing the scan using System Ninja with the Duplicate Files tool. As a result it was obtained that the music folder all the content was converted to the extension .vcmf

Could you please tell me how to reverse this situation ??

Attentive to his gentle response.

Christian

#12179 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

.vcfm files are cover art images generated by iTunes and other media management files. Their presence has nothing to do with System Ninja.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #11939 in Duplicate finder
Your information: