Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Duplicate Finder scanning 800,000 files !

Home Forums Product Support Duplicate Finder scanning 800,000 files !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    john davis

I just installed System Ninja on a laptop, Windows 10, Chrome browser, purchased in June 2020.  I ran all the scans without a problem, until I got to the “Duplicate Finder” part of “System Tools.”   Now the screen says it is scanning 807,602 files and the screen shows the same file name over and over again: C:/AdwCleaner/Quarantine/v1/20200606.07561   (except they are forward slashes)  It is taking hours and hours.   What is going on?   When I purchased the computer, the computer store transferred all the files from my old computer to this one.

#19765 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi John,

It’s possible that there’s a redirect or something that’s causing System Ninja to get caught in an infinite loop.

There’s an extremely high risk of unintentionally deleting an important file by running DuplicateFinder over an entire system drive. I’d advise against it.

#19766 Reply
    John

Where can i find a description of how to use Duplicate Finder?

#19789 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

That page seems to have got lost in the website redesign. I’ve added it to the to-do list.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Duplicate Finder scanning 800,000 files !
Your information: