Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

file on desktop

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support file on desktop

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

I set CCenhancer to the portable CCleaner location and save. But the winapp file is always delivered to my desktop and when I check the location of CCleaner in CCenhancer it isn’t there. I try again same result.. What am I doing wrong?
    win7 64

#3524 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

OK I think I figured it out.
    I have to put enhancer in the ccleaner portable directory?

#3529 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

It should work fine if you’ve added the directory to the “Portable Locations.” If it doesn’t, placing CCEnhancer in the same directory is the next best thing.

#3559 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hello, I have the executable on my desktop. The problem is the new 3.1 version is creating two files on my desktop every time I run the program. The files are winapp2 and cc_config. Plus the program will not close when CCleaner loads. The older 2.5.1 version did not have this unexpected behavior. I’m sticking to the old version for now. Any idea what’s causing this and a possible remedy? Thanks in advance. Regards, Ritchie…

#3560 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Sorry, I should have mentioned my OS which is Win 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1

#3561 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

This is all the expected behaviour. cc_config.ini stores the program settings and language preferences. winapp2.ini is the file that CCEnhancer downloads to apply rules to CCleaner.

The program no longer closes because many users found that behaviour annoying.

You can continue to use the old versions. As long as you’re using CCEnhancer 1.5.1 or newer; you do not need to update unless you want new features or languages.

#3566 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi Shane, thanks for the quick reply. The program not automatically closing I could live with but having the two extra files on my Desktop is a bit annoying, I have to admit, as I like to keep my Desktop as uncluttered as possible. So for now I’ll stick with the older 2.5.1 version as you recommend. Thanks again for your input Shane. Best wishes, Ritchie… P. S. – It is a good piece of software and I do recommend it to others (that will be the 2.5.1 version from now on anyways).

#3568 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

You could just place CCEnhancer and its files into your Program File directory, then create a shortcut on your desktop. That would mean only one file would clutter up your screen.

#3571 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Yeah, that would be acceptable Shane. I’ll give that a try! Thanks again for your time. I appreciate it! As a global forum moderator myself for an established anti-virus company I know that no matter how good a piece of software is you just can’t please everyone but you’ve done a great job of addressing my concerns and keep up the good work! Warmest regards, Ritchie…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #3566 in file on desktop
Your information: