Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

folder preferences being lost on cleaning

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support folder preferences being lost on cleaning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zoloft

Hello,

With previous enhancer definition files, I would keep Windows Shellbags unchecked, which would prevent Win 7 HP x64 from forgetting folder position, sizes, preferences etc. Windows Shellbags is not a cleaning item with the latest definitions update, and now, these folder settings are lost when ccleaner runs. What option do I need to uncheck to prevent the folder preferences being “cleaned”?

Thanks!

#11817 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

If the entry was removed, it’s likely one of the built-in entries are now handling that cleaning.

#11818 Reply
    Zoloft

thanks for the reply Shane, any idea what entry that might be? Though, I don’t think that is the case, since the preferences didn’t start being lost until after the latest ccenhancer update, they were not touched with the latest ccleaner update.

#11819 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

It’s possible to search through every single change made to the winapp2 file by looking through the commit logs on GitHub.

We don’t manage the definition file ourselves anymore, as the community of contributors does a much better job. Unfortunately that also means we can’t verify every change that gets made.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #11817 in folder preferences being lost on cleaning
Your information: