Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

JavaRa 2.0 and command line

Home Forums Product Support JavaRa Support JavaRa 2.0 and command line

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Quoted from previous support forum:

It seems it is not possible to run “JavaRa.exe -r -p -removeSDM” on JavaRa 2.0 beta2. It opens the standard JavaRa window but does not run the commands silently. Is there any way how to do this? Have the commands changed? Is the command line not supported in version 2.0? Is there any other way of doing the same?
    Shane can you please provide us with the source code for the “development version 2.0 beta #2” ?

#3809 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

The current semi-supported commandline arguments are:
    /REMOVEOLD
    /SILENT

These arguments will be coming soon.
    /UPDATEDEFS
    /UPDATEJRE

At this point in the development; we’re focusing on usability & translations. The advanced features will be ready before the final release though..

#3810 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

As for the source code; I’m currently in the process of setting up revision control and writing out web pages. (along with thousands of other things I need to do… #sigh)

It will be available (shortly) on this page: http://javara.tracker.singularlabs.com/source-code/

#7303 Reply
    Mat

Hi Shane,

which are the switches I can actually use in V2?
    Is it only /CLEAN, /PURGE and /SILENT or is /UPDATEDEFS and /UPDATEJRE available too?

My goal is to update JRE to the newest version without having any user interaction (run through a scheduled script). Is this possible?

#7328 Reply
    Scott Ladewig

Do any of the command line switches work with 2.0 Stable? I’ve tried everything mentioned, but no matter with command line I use, the app still starts the same as if I had simply run the executable sans switches. Was hoping to use this to run without any user intervention.

#7373 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

I’m not quite sure why it isn’t working at this point. I suspect it might be related to Administrator rights.

Make sure you’re not consulting the JavaRa 1.x documentation. The only supported arguments in 2.0 (so far) are /PURGE, /CLEAN and /SILENT.

/UPDATEDEFS will be added in 2.1

#8069 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have downloaded the latest version and run /CLEAN and /PURGE on a test machine. It says it deleted stuff, but the installer is still in Programs and Features. If I run JavaRa interactively, I can still run the uninstaller, but there appears to be no way to do this by command line, which is necessary to uninstall Java on 100s of computers at once. Am I missing something or is this just not possible with JavaRa?

#8071 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

So you want to run the uninstaller for each JRE instance installed on the machine; from the commandline? If so; that can be implemented quite easily.

#8075 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes. I thought that’s what CLEAN did. 🙂 Guess I misunderstood…

#8085 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I’m also looking to run JavaRa 2.0 silently to uninstall previous versions of JRE6. I’ve noticed it supports /SILENT, however that does not actually run the application, it just does not display the user interface.

What would be the proper syntax to run JavaRa silently from the command line to remove previous versions of Java 6?

Thanks,

Dave

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 35 total)
Reply To: Reply #9004 in JavaRa 2.0 and command line
Your information: