Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

JavaRa 2.0 and command line

Home Forums Product Support JavaRa Support JavaRa 2.0 and command line

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Known issue in 2.2. As posted above, switch to the development branch.

#8964 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Humble request – save “additional tasks” state in the config.ini, then have /silent automatically do whatever is set in the ini.

#8965 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

That’s a fairly good idea, but the implementation you described could be dangerous. Perhaps a /tasks switch could be added to prevent people running the tasks by accident. Thoughts?

#8966 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Makes sense. I like the idea!

#9003 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I just created an account to clarify something.

I thought JavaRa purpose was to remove all old Java versions and keep the latest one.

I’m trying to find which parameter could serve this purpose, but the only thing it seems to do is to remove ALL versions of Java even the latest one…

Is it something you gave up about ?
    Thanks

#9004 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi gosu. The switch you’re after is /CLEAN

That will remove the files/registry keys associated with outdated JRE versions.

There is no switch that allows you to run the uninstaller for all previous versions. It was removed because it could inadvertently remove a necessary version. This is caused by Oracle’s decision to maintain JRE 1.6.x, 1.7.x and 1.8a.x at the same time.

The GUI removal wizard will let you uninstall previous version en masse.

#9005 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for your answer.

I tried the /CLEAN but I can still open the old Java control pannel, and I can see it in Add/Remove programs.

Tried with Java 7u5.

can we maybe add an exception like: /UNINSTALLALL /SILENT /EXCEPT:”Java(TM) 7 Update 25″

if possible, it would remove all versions but the one explicitly typed.

#9006 Reply
    Phobos

When I use the /CLEAN, in my browser (Opera) stops working Adobe Flash Player. Need to reinstall Adobe Flash Player.

Windows 11 Pro Insider, x64

#9007 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Is this specific to Opera, or does it affect other browsers that use the Flahs plugin?

#9011 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    can you confirm if Java versions embedded in other software and not displayed in Add/Remove programs will remain after using “/UNINSTALLALL /SILENT” ?

What about my suggestion to leave the choice to keep the latest version installed on the computer and only remove all the other versions ?

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 35 total)
Reply To: Reply #7328 in JavaRa 2.0 and command line
Your information: