Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Macrium log files safe to delete?

Home Forums Product Support Macrium log files safe to delete?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave

Under the miscellaneous junks scan with the pro version I see a large amount of MacriumImageGuardianService.log files. Are these safe to delete?

Thanks,

Dave7

#16236 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Assuming they’re all in AppData, yes they are.

#16241 Reply
    schemer
    Participant

Hi Shane,

The files are all in C:Program Data\Macrium so I am glad I did not delete them or my backup restore may not have worked. It would be nice to be able to select with check boxes, the files to remove when presented with a large list like this one that has files you don’t want to remove. I guess I need to add this folder to the exclusions right?

Thanks,

Dave

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by schemer. Reason: incorrect folder
    #16243 Reply
    schemer
    Participant

Shane,

I added the C:\Program Data to the exclusions and also found I can right-click on found entries and ignore or remove them from the list. I guess I must be missing where the help file is. Is there one?

Thanks,

Dave

#16264 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Unfortunately not. There’s limited documentation on the System Ninja product page and decent documentation for the Pro features in the Pro Club Knowledgebase; but there’s a lot of work still to be done in this area.

#16266 Reply
    schemer
    Participant

Shane,

Ok, thanks for the info. I just don’t want to do a click and oops! But that is why I asked. I left CCleaner to get your product after having some issues where I could not trust it anymore. I’ll read all the available help and ask questions if I am unsure of anything.

Dave

#16285 Reply
    mandoo mark
    Participant

Go into your backup definitions and you’ll see a list of XML files, these are backup scripts. Just select one and delete it. Then create a new backup routine in the Create a backup tab, put a check next to the drive you want to backup and click Image this disk and step through the wizard.

#16287 Reply
    schemer
    Participant

Go into your backup definitions and you’ll see a list of XML files, these are backup scripts. Just select one and delete it. Then create a new backup routine in the Create a backup tab, put a check next to the drive you want to backup and click Image this disk and step through the wizard.

Mandoo Mark,

Are you referring to system ninja or Macrium for the procedure above? The files I was worrying about losing were the Macrium Guardian files that protect the image backups from getting infected with a virus. I think they are necessary when doing a restore.

Thanks,

Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #16241 in Macrium log files safe to delete?
Your information: