Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Outlook Express Classic Problem

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support Outlook Express Classic Problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Willy2

– CCEnhancer (CCE) wipes/removes the temporary folders & files created by Outlook Express Classic (OEC) and that creates a problem because the program wipes simply too much information.

CCE wipes everything in the

“C:\users\<—user—>\Appdata\Local\OEClassic\Prg\………” folder.

– It also removes the “T” subfolder (in the “Prg” subfolder, see above) and then OEC starts generating errors everytime the user wants to select an email.

–  In order to get OEC working again I had to manually re-create that folder “T” again.

– To be fixed in a future version of CCE !!!!

(I have a Windows 7 PRO 64 bit system.)

#15596 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

I’ll pass this along.

#15614 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

This issue has now been resolved.

#15876 Reply
    Willy2

– CCenhancer has indeed been improved. Thumbs up for CCenhancer !!!!

– There is another problem that needs to be adressed. Outlook Express Classic has a spelling checker. The files needed for that spelling checker are stored in the “Res” (sub-)folder and have the extensions “.aff”, “.dic” & “.license”. When those files are deleted then the user needs to re-install the files for that spelling checker. And CCenhancer does delete those spelling checker files.

– The “Res” (sub-)folder can be found in the

“C:\users\<—user—>\Appdata\Local\OEClassic\Prg\” folder.

#15887 Reply
    APMichael

The unwanted deletion of spelling correction dictionaries should now be fixed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #15876 in Outlook Express Classic Problem
Your information: