Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

ProcessAlive – Automatically restart crashed programs

Home Forums Product Support ProcessAlive – Automatically restart crashed programs

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

No luck with 0.6 either. I have tried on two different PC, both running XP SP3.

#8252 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Sujay,

Is it possible to add a command line argument to task scheduler to start ProcessAlive minimised to tray?

Cheers
    Laurie

#8502 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I have been trying to use 0.7 on a Windows 2003 server and cannot get it to save the text file. Any ideas or is this OS not supported?

UPDATE:
    Sorry I found the file in the folder of one of the programs that it was keeping alive. Now I just need to figure out how I can use it.

#9469 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there any way to specify an executable in a command-line argument so that ProcessAlive starts up already set to monitor a specific program and so that it does not require any interaction on startup?

#9470 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Use the ‘Save to a text file’ option and launch ProcessAlive with the /AUTO commandline argument.

#9471 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Had to make an account just to ask; is there any way you can have it monitor one process and open another if it crashes?  This is almost exactly what I’m looking for only my specific use requires it open an .exe in a completely different location and that itself runs the original process I wish to monitor.

Edit: To anyone else trying to do what I just request, just change the .exe in the .ini file works perfectly.

#9473 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Unfortunately this isn’t possible with ProcessAlive.

Normally I’d offer to implement the feature for you, but because of the way ProcessAlive is designed it would be non-trivial. Sorry.

#9474 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately this isn’t possible with ProcessAlive. Normally I’d offer to implement the feature for you, but because of the way ProcessAlive is designed it would be non-trivial. Sorry.

As I stated I got it to work and it was very simple. I’m sure if you wanted to you could add it VERY easily since all it took was changing the executable and it works perfectly, but as you stated it’s not very useful under normal circumstances.

#9721 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Your application looks very promising.

One Point that you missed though : “Start In Folder”.

Many applications (like mine) needs to start at a specific folder (when you create a shortcut in Windows, you are asked the “Start in” folder.

For me that is a show stopper.

Under what license are you delivering your application? Do you have an official release date and/or release plan?

#9722 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

It doesn’t look like the process manipulation API ProcessAlive is using supports the ‘Start in Folder’ option. I’ll continue to look into it, but i’m not optimistic that it’s possible without a lot of significant changes.

Under what license are you delivering your application?

All of my software is released under a proprietary freeware license, described on this page.

Do you have an official release date and/or release plan?

No. This particular app is a side project written to fulfill a personal need.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 92 total)
Reply To: Reply #10982 in ProcessAlive – Automatically restart crashed programs
Your information: