Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

ProcessAlive – Automatically restart crashed programs

Home Forums Product Support ProcessAlive – Automatically restart crashed programs

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Phobos

Start a second copy of the program and add to the first copy. 🙂

Windows 11 Pro Insider, x64

#11956 Reply
    Martin Sauter

I have the same question as Olukunle Ojo above. You mentioned some instructions on the first page which I am not able to find. So how do I tell ProcessAlive not only to show its interface on startup, but to switch to the “Keep Programs Running” mode immediately?

You also mentioned some problems regarding Windows 10. So will this not work on a Windows 10 machine?

Thanks for your support.

– Martin

#11994 Reply
    Tom

Does it work on Windows Server 2012 R2?

#12040 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Does it work on Windows Server 2012 R2?

Should do, but I can’t confirm without someone willing to test 😉

I have the same question as Olukunle Ojo above. You mentioned some instructions on the first page which I am not able to find. So how do I tell ProcessAlive not only to show its interface on startup, but to switch to the “Keep Programs Running” mode immediately?

The commandline switch you’re looking for is /AUTO

You also mentioned some problems regarding Windows 10. So will this not work on a Windows 10 machine?

On Windows 10, you may need to manually create the autostart entry—or use the task scheduler—because User Account Control places extra restrictions on programs that don’t need to be installed.

#12540 Reply
    Carl Spangler

using processalive for awhile, love it! just one thing it does not seem to take SuperAntiSpyware into the ini file, says it’s not an executable? just wondering, thanks for a great tool.

#13375 Reply
    H Verma

How do I reset processalive 0.9 to default settings, where no program is listed and no option is CHECKED mark. I tried manually deleting the program and uncheck the option to start at windows login and create processlist but to no avail. Next time it runs it brings al values back.  Issue is if I check start with windows option, it creates an error that security restriction do not allow to run  the program and stops till one hit ok manually.

Any advise.

Thanks.

#13376 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

The process list is stored in a file called process_list.ini in the same folder as ProcessAlive.exe

The Start with Windows option is stored in the registry. You can remove it with msconfig, System Ninja, or by manually going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and deleting “ProcessAlive”

#13570 Reply
    Carl Spangler

Dear Sir,
    I just wanted to tell you that I have been using the program processalive and I love it.
    I found a bug, if you are interested. I could not add superantispyware to the list, it
    said that it was not an executable application. I noticed that the file name was in all
    caps. I changed the extension to lower case and it worked!!!
    Thank you for an excellent product.
    Carl

#13572 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Dear Sir,
    I found a bug, if you are interested. I could not add superantispyware to the list, it
    said that it was not an executable application. I noticed that the file name was in all
    caps. I changed the extension to lower case and it worked!!!
    Carl

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

#13858 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a bat file that contains a number of switches and configurations for an .exe file.  is there a way to restart the bat file instead of the exe?

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 92 total)
Reply To: Reply #13570 in ProcessAlive – Automatically restart crashed programs
Your information: