Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Request to Delete Empty Folders

Home Forums Product Support Request to Delete Empty Folders

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Philip Campbell

I have the Pro version installed on two computers.  I am on the staff at Bleeping Computer and recently came across this topic about Windows 11 creating thousands of empty folders in the following folder:

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local

I run System Ninja weekly on both of my computers, but it apparently is not deleting these empty folders.  I found more than 3,300 such empty folders on my Dell XPS 8930 SE desktop in that folder.  I haven’t checked my Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop yet.

I am requesting that cleaning out these temporary files be added to System Ninja.  Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
    -Phil

#19785 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi Phil, this is something you can already do with System Ninja. See the attached images.

Attachments:
    #19791 Reply
    Philip Campbell

Shane:

Thank you for your information.  I was hoping that the empty junk folder deletions could just be incorporated into the default hard drive scan since this is a known issue in Windows 11, without the need to do all the separate steps you outline in System Ninja to remove the empty .tmp folders that Windows creates in that folder.

JohnC_21 at Bleeping Computer provided me with a batch file which removes the files instantly when executed.  I can provide it by PM if you are interested.  The batch file is much faster than all the manual steps necessary in System Ninja to remove the empty junk folders are created by Windows in that specific folder.

Thank you for your consideration of my suggestion and have a great day.

Regards,
    -Phil

#19803 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Please send it through to me at shane (at) singularlabs .com and I’ll take a look.

#19804 Reply
    Phobos
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #19785 in Request to Delete Empty Folders
Your information: