Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

suggestion/request: folders to add to the list

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support suggestion/request: folders to add to the list

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Helper

I’d suggest a few folders to be added to the list.

Nvidia temporary instalation files, found in 2 folders:
    C:\NVIDIA (all files, sub folders and actual folder itself)
    C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2\ (any files and subfolders)
    you can read about it here: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/05/how-to-save-even-more-space-on-your-ssd/

Spotify cache
    C:\Users\–user name–\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage\*.*

ComicRack cache (which becames huge after a while):
    C:\Users\–user name–\AppData\Local\cYo\ComicRack\Cache\Images\*.*
    C:\Users\–user name–\AppData\Local\cYo\ComicRack\Cache\Thumbnails\*.*

#7877 Reply
    Helper

Forgot to mention, I’m using Windows 7 64bit. Not sure if the folder paths are the same in other Operative Systems.

#7878 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Thanks. This will hopefully make it into the next version šŸ™‚

#7879 Reply
    Helper

I’m checking my system and found another one, ESET Online Scanner temporary files.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\Modules\data\updfiles\temp\*.*

#7880 Reply
    Phobos

Antivirus have self-defense

Windows 11 Pro Insider, x64

#7983 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Kind of.
    This is the online version, which you run through the browser (which we could call a trial version).
    It doesn’t have that much control on your hard drive. The files in it’s Temp folder can be deleted.

#8119 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Iā€™d suggest a few folders to be added to the list.

Nvidia temporary instalation files, found in 2 folders:
    C:\NVIDIA (all files, sub folders and actual folder itself)
    C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2\ (any files and subfolders)

Are you crazy man? This line shouldn’t be touched in any way(C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2\), if you want to uninstall seamlessly you Nvidia driver. Yesterday I updated my version of Ccleaner to 3.25.1872. After that I Directly download the winapp2.ini file from here and put it in Ccleaner folder. When Ccleaner tell me about 500 MB Nvidia files will be deleted I was doubted but went forward. Everythings work fine but thanks to you now I can not uninstall my last Nvidia driver(310.61) including Physx,3D Vision Driver, Graphics Driver, 3D Vision Controller Driver. Before read anything somewhere just test it..God Damn! Now my system is screwed up because someone has not done his job properly. I blindly trusted to you and the ccenhancer team. This is shame. Please Fix this misunderstanding and before add something new, just test it on your sytem. It’s simple. Also the .ini version(v1.0.121112) provided for direct download for official ccenhancer site is differ from .ini version(v1.0.121126) that comes from CCenhancer latest download…pay attention. Sorry for my “english”.

#8134 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Helper2.

Sorry, about that. I’ll add in a warning to this affect.

Please re-install your 310.61 drivers, then you should have no issue uninstalling them properly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #7983 in suggestion/request: folders to add to the list
Your information: