Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

System Ninja 3.0.3 freeze

Home Forums System Ninja Support System Ninja 3.0.3 freeze

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Angel Wolff

Dear Sirs: I had been using system ninja for the past 3 years without a problem. Just downloaded your new version 3.0.3 and found that after scanning 2625 files it freezed and then just stop working and finally close itself.

Can you give me any suggestion on what to review or set in my pc to make it work properly?

Many thanks.

#10267 Reply
    Phobos

Options – Settings – Run in “Debug Mode”. Reproduce the error. Put on a forum logfile.

Windows 11 Pro Insider, x64

#10276 Reply
    John

My Ninja 3.0.3 also freezes and always after checking 91% of the files. Normal mode or debug mode makes no difference, Ninja has to be terminated “by force” and no error report is given. Only drive C: or only drive D: or only drive E: or all drives in one go makes no difference. My system: Windows 7 Pro 64. Previous Ninja worked fine. CCleaner runs fine. No faulty drive, corrupt files or other mishaps.

#10283 Reply
    John

Problem with Ninja freezing is solved ! The map C:\user\local\temp was filled with almost 60.000 files. Once deleted Ninja works fine !

#10389 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

That’ll do it.

Sometimes if the scanning thread is finding files and sending them to the UI thread too quickly, the UI thread becomes overwhelmed and causes the application to freeze. Looking into a method to prevent this.

#10468 Reply
    A. Wolff

Here is the report after running system ninja in debug mode:

Exception encountered in module [System Ninja]
    Message: Actualmente, este BackgroundWorker está ocupado y no puede ejecutar varias tareas a la vez.
    en System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync(Object argument)
    en System_Ninja.UI.btnAnalyse_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

#10556 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

System Ninja 3.0.4 should have corrected this issue. 3.0.5 will include further improvements.

#11273 Reply
    Philip C

Hi. I too have issues with freezing at exactly 91% of scanning. Well described above, tried all methods but no joy at all. Was working fine till the latest update.

#11274 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

Between 91% and 92% System Ninja will clean the Windows Temps directory (C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp and C:\Windows\Temp) and the .db files in the thumbnail cache directory (C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\*.db).

It’s possible that a corrupt file is causing problems while scanning this area. It could also be a huge number of files in one of those directories are choking System Ninja as it tries to scan.

I would suggest manually navigating to these directories and cleaning out the files.

The most likely offender is the thumbnail caches, so it may be worth unchecking the ‘Thumbnail Caches’ option and seeing if that fixes it. Please confirm if this does indeed resolve the problem so we can investigate possible fixes.

#11276 Reply
    Philip C

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, it does seem to work when the thumbnail cache option is unticked. Have run it a couple of times and it hasn’t frozen, which seems promising. I like to run a smooth PC and use CCleaner a lot to get rid of junk. And Ninja used to run hitch free ever since installation.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Reply #10283 in System Ninja 3.0.3 freeze
Your information: