Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

System Ninja 3.1 Install & Portable Issues

Home Forums System Ninja Support System Ninja 3.1 Install & Portable Issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Wayne

I am running Windows 7 Professional, 64 Bit; and have attempted to use System Ninja 3.1 several times with the same result.

When I download the <span id=”7c7b66f1-99d8-4f3b-9443-efd2d8d53341″ class=”GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark”><span id=”cbc27701-8751-4e86-bf42-9764af305ff3″ class=”GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark”>install copy</span></span>, my anti-virus (Symantec Endpoint Protection) detects a Trojan, and stops the download.

When I download the portable version, and unzip it; I then run the executable as Administrator, it does nothing.

The previous version, both the install and portable, ran perfectly; so I am very frustrated with this new version.

#11079 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

If you’re able to add an exclusion to Norton, you should be able to run System Ninja 3.1 through the installer. We’re currently having some trouble with our advertising parter that is causing false-positive detections in a number of anti-virus products.

The portable issue is still under investigation. The binary files in the installer and the portable version are identical, so it’s not immediately obvious what’s causing this issue. Especially since it’s only affecting a small number of users.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #11079 in System Ninja 3.1 Install & Portable Issues
Your information: