Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

system ninja freezes on start

Home Forums System Ninja Support system ninja freezes on start

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sam

I downloaded latest version of system ninja and it freezes on win10 64 bit.

removed and reloaded program and it still does it.

#13099 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m going to need a little more information before I can diagnose this issue.

1. Could you please be more specific when you say it “freezes.” Does the interface show? Does Windows mark the application as Not Responding?

2. Did this happen with previous versions of System Ninja, or just 3.2.1?

3. What anti-virus/firewall program are you running? Does whitelisting System Ninja in these programs correct this issue?

Regards,

Shane

#13159 Reply
    SAm

System ninja freezes when starting.

I have been using your software for a long time.  Last month with the previous version it started to stop working as it got to file 119.  No message about not responding. Bottom says 0 % and 119 files scanned.

I have, for years used simultaneously with CCleaner and Recuva from Piriform, with enhancer.  Due to recent freezing on System Ninja, I tried Bleach Bit and seem to be doing well.

I like system ninja, as it will always bring up additional files to be deleted when I run Recuva.  After browsing on the internet, I want to make sure there are no files or folders, Zip, Gif, Jpg etc,  left over or recoverable from my laptop (which I also use for work).  If I could add something to system ninja it would be to delete files with the DOD or better process (overwrite 3 times or more).

I have used Avast for years and I have never had any issues with previous versions of Systems Ninja.

I have noticed that in the past the blue bar would go all the way to the right as System Ninja scanned. Now it stays black and some of the time it will say 100% scanned.  It never did this before. I have 321 version recently installed to see if it was a software issue.

Thanks.

Windows 10, 64bit Toshiba Satellite

#13160 Reply
    SAm

I have tried to paste an image captured  of the Ninja screen with MS Sniping tool to this space but it wont allow.

#13167 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi Sam,

Logged-out guests aren’t able to upload attachments for security reasons. You can use a service like Imgur to share you screenshot.

Also, could you confirm that’s it not freezing on start, but actually freezing during the early moments of a scan?

Lastly, could you please try to run System Ninja in debug mode (Option -> Settings -> Run in “debug mode”). This will produce a log file in System Ninja’s directory which you can copy/paste here.

Regards,

Shane

#13171 Reply
    SAm

Thank you so much for helping me figure this out.

My system: I have used for years  Malawarebites, System Ninja, Avast free, Recuva, CCleaner with Enhancer.  I use recuva first to DOD3 delete and overwrite recently deleted files. Then I use CCleaner to DOD3 all browser and all other temp files.  When CC cleaner is on the MFT files I start System Ninja to catch all other files not deleted by CCleaner+ enhanced. After this is done and deleted, I run Recuva deepscan one more time and always get results that seem to show that all previous deletions did not catch some of the files opened in the latest browser excursions.  Leaving behind many gifs, jpg, mp4, zip, etch.  This is why Ninja is so good.  (It would be great if Ninja had a DOD 3 overwrite of the deleted files.

In jan I started to have the Ninja troubles mentioned above.  I tried bleachbit, but Ninja I trust more (I think…)

Virus programs:  I have dissembled the antivirus, Avast and Malawarebites and the problem still persists with Ninja.   Hangs on start at 0% and files scanned 117 or 119.  On ocassion it will say 100% files scanned 119.   and if I wait till the next day sometimes it will complete the cleaning and have a fill blue status bar and thousands of files scanned.  But this is not acceptable to wait one day for the job to be done.

Thank you very much for the help.  (and thank you for adding the new version available button.

Issue: System Ninja hangs while starting.  Click icon for ninja/ click scan for junk/chose to close the browsers (firefox) if it is open/ chose drive c:

Ninja will show 0% on bottom screen until you chose the drive.  Then will climb to files scanned 119 and still be at 0%.   Blue status bar is black.  Blue ring (wait for me ring) circles and no message of ninja not responding.  This will stay this way on file 119 and sometimes, will proceed after multiple hours (next morning) and finish normally.

Debug:  does exactly the same.  except will only go to debug screen with fresh start no other options chose.  Will also hang on 0% files scanned 119 (sometimes 117).

#13172 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

When debug mode is enabled, a log file should be created in System Ninja’s install directory. Usually this is C:\Program Files (x86)\System Ninja. The filename will look something like this: debug-errors-16-02-2018.log

After you’ve run a scan (that gets stuck) and closed System Ninja, would you please paste the log file’s contents here for analysis.

Regarding secure overwriting of deleted files, we’ve made a conscious decision not to implement the feature because it’s mostly obsolete on newer hard drives.

Regards,

Shane

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #13167 in system ninja freezes on start
Your information: