Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

System Ninja scanning folder that shouldn’t be included

Home Forums Product Support System Ninja scanning folder that shouldn’t be included

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rockin’ Jerry

System Ninja 3.2.10 is scanning C:\ProgramData\Mozilla\updates\308046B0AF4A39CB\update-config.json which is the location and file that sets the Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird setting that controls the Automatic Install Updates for both apps. I prefer to choose the time and manually install the updates myself for both apps but System Ninja includes this location and file during the scan for files to be deleted. Once deleted it changes my setting to Automatic Install Updates for both Firefox and Thunderbird overriding my setting to NOT Automatic Install Updates. If I uncheck every scan option box in the System Ninja Junk Scanner it still includes this location and file. For the next version, can you please not include this location and file. I have included this location and file to System Ninja Scan Exclusions under the Options tab which solves the issue but I think this should be automatically exempt from System Ninjas scan.

#19669 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Makes sense. Will add to the internal exclusion list.

#19671 Reply
    Rockin’ Jerry

Thanks Shane! I’m sure there’s others around the world that’s experiencing the same issue but may not know that it’s System Ninja that’s causing it. Took me a while to locate the problem. I’m happy to hear that you’ll exclude the location/file in the next version. It’s just not necessary to include it in the scanned files to be deleted. Thanks again!

#19672 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

It’s actually supposed to be excluded. There’s a recursive cleaning rule that picks it up by mistake.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #19671 in System Ninja scanning folder that shouldn’t be included
Your information: