Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Turkish Language

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have translated MetroTextual to Turkish (see the attachment).

There was a built-in Russian localization file (lang.Russian.locale) in the application directory but MT didn’t recognized it until I moved it to the “localizations” folder I’ve created. I don’t know what I achieved by changing the extension of “output_strings.false” to “true” but I ended up copying the Russian localization and creating the Turkish localization by editing it. It doesn’t have “New” and “Open” commands and it didn’t recognized them when I tried to add them manually.

<span style=”text-decoration: line-through;”>There is also a problem with encoding (some characters specific to Turkish language doesn’t supported).</span> (I created the localization using MT and the problem was it didn’t let me save it using UTF-8 :). I changed the encoding (using an uglier editor) and the Turkish-specific characters are fine now.)

Until the next-version, I hope that this translation will be useful.
    Cheers.
    Edit: Forum’s uploader didn’t let me upload a file with “locale” extension, so I upload it as “txt”.

#6651 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess there is an edit-limit for posts, so here comes the missing things:
    * syntax-highlighting didn’t recognized the translation of “None”.
    * window color didn’t recognized the translations of “Green” and “Sky Blue”.
    * “kaydet” (which means “save”) is too long for the save button next to language selection, so only the first four letters are visible.
    * no fields for the contents of window location or text formatting.
    * language selection uses the language name in English despite whatever language is selected although the localization files do have the fields for the localized name of the language.

Hope these help.

#6672 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Thank you for this. I’ve made a note of all these issues and should have them resolved in the next version.

#6692 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

And yes, the forum software can be difficult to work with. I actually met the developer in person yesterday, and he assured me it’s being actively improved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #6672 in Turkish Language
Your information: