Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

UNABLE TO OPEN REMEMBR AFTER FIRST OPENING

Home Forums Product Support Remembr Support UNABLE TO OPEN REMEMBR AFTER FIRST OPENING

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Having loaded programme when I either click on “X” to close or “Hide” I cannot re-open the programme

Attachments:
    #10690 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi, once you hide Remembr you can make it appear again by double clicking on the Remembr taskbar icon or right clicking on the icon and selecting “Show Remembr”

icon

#10692 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for reply Shane. Unfortunately this still does not work whether I double click or
    Show Remembr

#10693 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have now found that I can re-open the programme if I click on the minimise button instead of Quit.

#10696 Reply
    John Todd

After a few days of successful operation my Remembr Ver. 0.4 has now stopped working, and on attempting to re-install it my Norton 360 has declared the setup exe file ‘an unsafe program’ and has removed it!

I have found the program to be extremely useful – is there some someway of overcoming this problem?

#10697 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi John,

You may need to add Remembr to Norton’s exclusion/ignore list. Unfortunately a lot of anti-virus products mistake Remembr for spyware because it is constantly recording data from the clipboard.

#10698 Reply
    John Todd

Hi Shane:

Thanks for your prompt response and advice.  I have just sent a reply, but as it has not appeared on the list of messages I am not sure whether it has arrived OK?

I had already considered adding Remembr to the list of Excluded Security Risks on Norton 360, but cannot find which program to add from the list of ‘Security Risks’?  There are several programs called ‘Remember.xxx’, where x is a number, but presumably it is not one of these?  Is there some other way of adding Remembr as an exclusion.  I find now that I cannot even download the setup file before it is removed by Norton.  I realise that I could turn off Norton during the download, but am reluctant to do this.

Cheers

John

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #10698 in UNABLE TO OPEN REMEMBR AFTER FIRST OPENING
Your information: