Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

/UNINSTALLALL /SILENT

Home Forums Product Support JavaRa Support /UNINSTALLALL /SILENT

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Compiled versions of the ‘development’ branch can be downloaded here: https://github.com/SingularLabs/JavaRa/tree/development/binaries

#8722 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

my bad, sorry for the miscommunication.

Regards,
    Rich

#8724 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I like to start by saying that javara is a great tool, and you guys have been quite helpful in removing pesky older java versions(/silent).

Assuming I download JavaRa-master2, extract it to the root of c:\

and run these commands c:\javara-master\obj\debug>javara.exe /uninstallall /silent

It successfully removes most of the java versions that are equipped on our systems, but has difficulty with jre-6u7. Any advice on why, and if this is truly the case and not an error on my part what are your suggestions?

I have also used /purge and /clean commands and I believe it successfully removes the reg keys but the java directory still remains.

Thanks in advance.

#8725 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Javara operates by parsing a definition file that is populated with the locations of java registry settings, and directories, etc. If the appropriate directories are not in the definition file it will not be deleted. Also if the directory is open when its run it will not be able delete it, as it will be considered in use. I would recommend using a taskkill /f /im “program” for each java related program, as well as internet explorer before running javara. Also if you run the deployment say in SCCM and specify that nobody is logged on during the uninstall that might work better as well. If you let users know, you could even put a shutdown /l in there to ensure they are logged off. As far as the registry setting for that specific version.. I could not say. perhaps some reg settings didn’t make it into the definition. You can also do use msizap T {progid} to get rid of any remnants left behind.

Each one is different, unfortunately. Javara is not yet the perfect solution, but so far it’s better than anything Oracle has put out.

Regards,
    Rich

#8726 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello again,

I apologize in advance, but I am in a learning process. If I understand you correctly the definition file your referring to is JavaRa-master\obj\Debug\JavaRa.def

If so, here are the keys that refer to java jre 6u7.

[key]HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment\|C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
    [key]HKLM\System\ControlSet003\Control\Session Manager\Environment\|C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
    [key]HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment\|C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
    [key]HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\{4F4A3A23297B6D117AA8000B0D610001}\SourceList\|C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
    [key]HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\|C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\

Now I compared these keys with java jre 7u10, which I had success using the silent uninstall.

[key]HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment\|C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.7.0_10\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
    [key]HKLM\System\ControlSet003\Control\Session Manager\Environment\|C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.7.0_10\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
    [key]HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment\|C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.7.0_10\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
    [key]HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\{4F4A3A23297B6D117AA8000B0D610001}\SourceList\|C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.7.0_10\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
    [key]HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\|C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.7.0_10\

As you can see, they are the same except for the java version. Now, anything under jre 6u7 I have not had any success with the silent uninstall command (tried 6 different versions).

I believe what you mentioned previously of updating the definition file is the way to go in solving this problem. But what to add to the list I’m not sure, but the hint that we have is from the correlation that 6u7 and under don’t work.

I hope you guys can shed some light on this. Thank you for your time and your advice.

#8767 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Reply #8726 in /UNINSTALLALL /SILENT
Your information: