Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Version 2.0 Stable

Home Forums Product Support JavaRa Support Version 2.0 Stable

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    David Lynch

Hello Shane!

I’ve downloaded the stable version 2.0. When choosing Remove JRE list is empty. My Java version is Java(TM) 6 Update 33, it should be listed, right? Tried also to update JavaRa definitions, with the same results.

The Legacy Version 1.1.6 has the same features and updates?

🙂

#7321 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi David;

If you’re on Windows Vista/7/8, could you try the “Run As Administrator” option and let me know if that resolves your issues.

(There is a bug causing JavaRa not to request privilege escalation)

The legacy version will continue to receive the same updates, however its feature-set is limited.

Thanks,

– Shane

#7326 Reply
    David Lynch

Hi Shane,

System is Windows 2003 x86, running as administrator already.

I’ll try a system restart too.

Thanks!

#7408 Reply
    Phobos

Uninstall JRE in Add or Remove Programs, start JavaRa and go to Step 2 (Remove JRE -> Next).

Windows 11 Pro Insider, x64

#7508 Reply
    David Tieman

I have the same problem: a fresh install of W7/64 and downloaded javaRa 2.0 & new defs. My account has admin privileges and am using the RunAsAdmin option. My system has jre 6v35. When I ask to uninstall, the pulldown is not populated. When i ask for current version, it knows I have 6v35. When I ask it to ‘download and install the latest version’, it install 6v26 and leaves 6v35. When I again ask to remove versions, there is still no population of pulldown. Both versions will uninstall with W7’s Uninstall Programs, but I was hoping to have this for cases that are not well-behaved.

#7767 Reply
    Gerson Pecanha

Using the option Remove JRE, at 3rd step, when I ask to download new version, it instals jre 6.026 and not the last one, why?

#7824 Reply
    Dan

I have problems uninstalling java 1.7.0_07. All files are manually removed and i have tried to run JavaRa 2.0 and it foound 9 registerentries that was deleted. But still i cant install java.

It says it already installed do you want reinstall it?

If i click yes i get error that program does not exists. I dont think JavaRa find all entries..

Anyways i want to thank you for the software.

#7825 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Using the option Remove JRE, at 3rd step, when I ask to download new version, it instals jre 6.026 and not the last one, why?

JavaRa downloads whatever file is listed as “/latestversion/” on the Oracle website. I have no idea why Oracle haven’t updated this; but we’ll get it fixed.

@Dan; have you tried using 1.16? Sometimes Windows allows JavaRa 1.16 to remove entries that JavaRa 2.0 isn’t permitted to access. I (or anyone I’ve spoken to) has absolutely no idea why this is the case. I suspect Windows is powered by witchcraft.

If that doesn’t work; give Revo Uninstaller a shot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #7508 in Version 2.0 Stable
Your information: