Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Waterfox in winapp2.ini

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support Waterfox in winapp2.ini

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Belga

<h3>Hello
    Neither Ccleaner nor Bleachbit foresee the cleaning of the cache and the history of Waterfox.
    It is possible to clean the cache by a custom setting in these two software, but this is not the case for the browser history.
    Do you plan to add Waterfox in the winapp2.ini-file ?
    Thank you.</h3>

#16096 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

You’ll need to raise this issue with the Winapp2.ini project, over on GitHub.

#16099 Reply
    APMichael

Waterfox is supported by Winapp2.ini. The entries for Firefox also clean up Waterfox. However, for a complete cleanup with CCleaner you have to add Waterfox via “CustomLocation”: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/49017-cleaning-waterfox-profile-historycache-with-ccleaner-win-7/

#16101 Reply
    Belga

Thank you for your answers Shane & <span class=”bbp-author-name”>APMichael</span> !

#16103 Reply
    Belga

FYI, the use of “CustomLocation” don’t work for neither of the two elements to be cleaned (I’m under Win 8.1×64 with Ccleaner and Waterfox Classic (installer) last versions !).
    Only the cache can be cleaned by including the directory (C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Waterfox\Profiles\xxx.default\cache2\entries\) in custom cleaning of Ccleaner (via the parameters).
    No solution therefore for the history which is under C:\Users\JEAN\AppData\Roaming\Waterfox\Profiles\xxx.default

#16104 Reply
    APMichael

I did a quick check and it works for me after adding these two lines:

CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|C:\Users\abc\AppData\Roaming\Waterfox\Profiles\xyz.default
    CustomLocation2=FIREFOX|C:\Users\abc\AppData\Local\Waterfox\Profiles\xyz.default

It also cleans up the Internet History, even if it shows “0 bytes removed”. Simply check the modification date of the “places.sqlite” and “favicons.sqlite” files before and after the cleanup. CCleaner only cleans the database within the files, but does not delete the files themselves.

#16106 Reply
    Belga

@APMichael

The date of the sqlite-files is changed, but their weight is unchanged. I also don’t see “0 bytes removed” in the detail of CCleaner.

Besides, in the menu of Waterfox all the history of my navigation remained.

I was using the portable version of CCleaner. So I installed an exe version and left all the default settings. I then added to the “pure” ini file the two lines in question … in vain, no change !

Thank you anyway.

#16107 Reply
    Belga

I finally find a solution :

If i add the two files in question, only the first is taken into consideration.

So I only added the line “CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|C:\Users\abc\AppData\Roaming\Waterfox\Profiles\xyz.default” and the history’s finally gone.

I used the “Include” option. to clean the cache.

#16108 Reply
    APMichael

Thank you very much for the feedback. Interesting that it only works for you if the 2nd line (AppData\Local) is left out. But anyway, the main thing is that it works now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #16101 in Waterfox in winapp2.ini
Your information: