Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

winapp2 update issue

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support winapp2 update issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    raywin

Since “upgrading” from CCenhancer 4.4.2 to 4.5 on Win7x64… the update function no longer works properly on my system stating that winapp2.ini cannot be accessed because the file is in use by another process.  This was not an issue I encountered previously while using version 4.4.2 with CCleaner (which I always keep up-to-date).

I have been unable to determine what this “other” process would be through many many efforts and different ways to ascertain what the nature of this “bug” or duplicate file access process via a wide range of troubleshooting techniques and analysis… including several complete uninstalls and re-installs.  I rarely, if ever, see software/apps of any type have update issues of this nature and think it would be well worth the developer’s while and effort to consider an general improvement of the winapp2.ini method of updating in future releases.

Thank you for your time and attention.

#12652 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Are you running CCleaner and CCEnhancer at the same time by any chance? Please note that CCleaner does stay running in the background if you have the System Monitoring or Active Monitoring options set.

#12653 Reply
    User_28

SAME AS PREVIOUS USER:  “winapp2.ini cannot be accessed because the file is in use by another process.”

6 PC’s total affected > (1) Win XP 32 bit, (1) Win Vista Home Premium 64 bit, (3) Win 7 PRO 64 bit, (1) Win 8.1 64 bit.

No, CCLeaner is NOT running in background/monitor mode on any PC’s

#12654 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Could you please use Process Explorer and follow these instructions to determine which process is accessing winapp2.ini

Could I also ask what anti-virus or other security software you have running on these systems?

#12656 Reply
    Frits

Here also the same problem with 3 pc’s: “winapp2.ini cannot be accessed because the file is in use by another process.”

#12657 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Frits, please follow the instructions in the previous post so this can be investigated further.

#12659 Reply
    Frits

It seems that nothing is locking the file. I’ve made a printscreen:

View post on imgur.com

Even when I delete the winapp2.ini file and then start CCEnhancer it still says that the file is locked.

#12660 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Could you please delete the winapp2.ini file in CCleaner’s directory and then run CCEnhancer’s update. Even though the error message occurs, does the winapp2.ini file get added to CCleaner’s directory anyway?

#12661 Reply
    Frits

Yes, the winapp2.ini file gets added to CCleaner’s directory. It also overwrites when the winapp2.ini file already exists. In fact, everything is working, only the error message is wrong and not necessary.

#12662 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Thanks for confirming this. A hotfix release that doesn’t incorrectly show this error should be available within the hour.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Reply #12653 in winapp2 update issue
Your information: