Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Your WebRoot SpySweeper removal tool doesn't work

Home Forums Computer Issues Your WebRoot SpySweeper removal tool doesn't work

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When I tried to run the removal tool, a box popped up that says “this (something) is trying to close the window”. When I tell it no, it goes to a completely blank page. The links marked “mirror” and “alternate tool” aren’t appropriate either. Please help…I’ve been trying to get rid of the bits and pieces hidden through my system for years. When I’ve tried (multiple times) to use the removal tool, it tells me the following:

The uninstall log file “C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\unins000.dat” is in a format not recognized by this version of the uninstaller. Cannot uninstall.

Symantec’s website provides no help and I can never get any reply from them except an e-mail offering a discount to upgrade the product. I HATE that program…it slowed my computer down, and shows as a running process even when I thought I’d disabled it!

Please help?

#5922 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My post must have been too long, since it only shows the last bit of it. The first part spoke of your removal tool not working. When I click on it, a dialog box opens saying that (something) is trying to close this page, do you (?). I am given a choice of “continue” which closes the page, or “cancel” which goes to a blank page. Mirror and alternate are not appropriate (one of them just pops up a WinZip message that says my trial offer has expired, purchase now). What’s up with all this?

#5923 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi,

Firstly; just so you know; we didn’t create these tools. They’re made by the developers of the security software.

Try booting into safe mode and running this removal tool.

If that fails; reboot into normal Windows and download Revo Uninstaller. It should be able to remove the program completely from your PC. If you need help figuring out Revo, this guide might be helpful.

Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #5923 in Your WebRoot SpySweeper removal tool doesn't work
Your information: