Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

CCenhancer 4.5.2 Bug

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support CCenhancer 4.5.2 Bug

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Peppe

Hi, I think there might be a bug in CCenhancer 4.5.2. I installed it and selected “update on startup” but everytime I reboot my PC nothing happens, and if I check the flag it’s unticked.

Regards,

Peppe

#13278 Reply
    Phobos

Yes, confirm. The definition are not updated during the startup of the Windows + buggy checkbox.

Windows 11 Pro Insider, x64

#13279 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Thanks, I’ll look into. Are you running on Windows 10? (there’s different “run on update” code depending on the O/S version)

#13281 Reply
    Peppe

Yes, windows 10 64bit here..

#13300 Reply
    gio’

another bug is that the winapp2.ini folder is not updated in ccleaner folder, you have to paste copy it from ccenhancer folder, even if indicated in the ccenhancer options as ccleaner’s folder path..

in the past there really was not this bug..updating ccenhancer means instanctly having the winapp2.ini file updated in ccleaner folder..

why..?’

🙁

#13301 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

It sounds like CCEnhancer doesn’t have admin permission and isn’t allowed to copy the file to the CCleaner folder or your defined portable paths.

#13302 Reply
    gio

so the solution  is to start the prog  ccenhancer

“Always with admin rights” in its properties?

#13314 Reply
    Slartibartfarst

Thought I should report that, as at 2018-04-08 1038hrs (NZT), all the download files of CCenhancer v4.5.2 from different sites (e.g., singularlabs, MajorGeek)would seem to be corrupt/invalid (.exe and .zip).

The ,exe files cannot execute (Windows10 Pro).

In the .zip files, Windows cannot open them, and 7-zip reports corrupted data and invalid header. Extracted .exe files (using 7-zip) cannot execute.

NOT getting any virus warnings.

Hope this helps or is of use.

#13320 Reply
    gio

NO WAY to have winapp2.ini in ccleaner folder

so this is a BUG of this 4.5.2 vers

hope admin or project manager will think of it

to run the exe with admin properties DO NOT SOLVE

#13323 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Thought I should report that, as at 2018-04-08 1038hrs (NZT), all the download files of CCenhancer v4.5.2 from different sites (e.g., singularlabs, MajorGeek)would seem to be corrupt/invalid (.exe and .zip).

No issue with any of these files could be confirmed. Are you sure you’ve got the .NET Framework installed?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Reply #13302 in CCenhancer 4.5.2 Bug
Your information: