Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

How to tell when finished downloading?

Home Forums CCEnhancer Support How to tell when finished downloading?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When CCE finishes downloading it immediately closes without any way to tell if the download was successful or not. Could some sort of confirmation be added so that we can be sure that all went well?

#8009 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

If it asks ‘Would you like to run CCleaner’ or simply runs CCleaner automatically, the download worked fine. If something goes wrong, you’ll know about it 🙂

#8010 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t understand what you mean. CCE never asks anything, it simply closes after downloading. Couldn’t the approach “If something goes right you’ll know about it” be just as valid. I mean how hard is it to popup a dialog box that says “Download Complete”?

As it stands now every time I use CCE I have to go into the “Program Files (x86)/CCleaner” folder and check the date and time stamp on the .ini file.

#8011 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

What version are you using?

#8012 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

#8013 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Is there a file called “cc_config.ini” in the same folder as CCEnhancer? Try deleting it (when CCEnhancer is closed) and then retry an update.

Does the progress bar hit 100% before it closes?

#8014 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

😆 Man, I have 100Mb connection, everything happens so fast that there literally is no progress bar.

#8015 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hmm. That could actually be why the “I’m done” dialog isn’t showing. Everything is over and done with before it has a chance.

The update is working, right?

#8016 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes. Here is a video of what I see on a slow day.

#8037 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

The attached video doesn’t seem to play in Windows Media Player or VLC.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Reply #8037 in How to tell when finished downloading?
Your information: