Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Pault – An Encrypted Password Vault

Home Forums Product Support Pault – An Encrypted Password Vault

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Stan.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Pault is a simple password manager that encrypts passwords using a military-grade AES algorithm. Your passwords are stored in a single text file, making them highly portable. The resulting text file is highly encrypted and cannot be opened without your master password. Only Pault can read the format of your passwords, adding protection against brute force decrpytion methods.

Why is Pault needed?

Using the same password for all your online accounts can severely compromise your security, by introducing a single point of failure. Having many different passwords introduces a new problem – trying to remember them all. I previously wrote my passwords in a notebook, hidden away in my study. But what if someone finds the notebook? All the clear-text passwords become compromised.

What if my Pault data corrupts?

Pault stores your passwords in a single text file. You can copy this file to a USB drive or online storage service, eliminating the risk of losing your passwords. Don’t worry, nobody else will be able to open the file without your “master password” and a copy of Pault.

How do I know I can trust Pault?

Pault runs with minimal user permissions, meaning it is not able to connect to the internet in any way. Pault even encrypts your master password as soon as it’s entered, protecting it against tools like Sysinternals Process Explorer.

Download Pault

Pault requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (or newer) installed on your system. It supports Windows XP, through to Windows 8.

Version 0.1

#5636 Reply
    Phobos

Issue with encoding for languages like russian. The description and the password are displayed as ????.
    If master password in Russian, it is easy to bypass the password. It is enough to enter the same amount of signs, as at the real password.

Windows 11 Pro Insider, x64

#5639 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Pault doesn’t support Unicode; so non-latin characters are ignored.

#18737 Reply
    Stan

Having used so many passwords for so many different sites that need to be accessed regularly, eg, Rent, Gas/Electric, Doctors, Pharmacies, Phones, Broadband, etc,etc. It is difficult to keep check even when listed as a written record.  Things change so frequently that we can’t keep up with the pace of change; the computer breaks down and you’ve lost all of your details, even if you can resort to resetting your computer, your passwords are still lost.  The only option left so far as I can see, is to use a ‘Password Manager’ and hope to God that we can understand it enough to use it and that we may be around long enough to experience that pleasure!

Thanks for your help,

Silver surfer Stan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #18737 in Pault – An Encrypted Password Vault
Your information: