Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Popup window???

Home Forums System Ninja Support Popup window???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I recommended system ninja to a friend of mine because I also use it and it works fine. However he is now getting a popup window, upon launching the program, that System wants to make changes to his PC and, he can\’t get into System Ninja unless he agrees. Is this normal?  What kind of changes are these and are they safe? If it\’s just updating the program, why don\’t you say so, or at least say what changes are being made.

Attachments:
    #10069 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Can you show a screenshot? Based on your description, it sounds like the standard User Account Control popup that appears whenever a program that accesses the file system is run.

Does it look like these popups?

#10070 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, It look like that, only it says “system ninja” in the top bar of the window. Not sure what you mean by ” User Account Control popup that appears whenever a program that accesses the file system is run.”  The window pops up when he launches system ninja, and he has to answer yes to open the program.

#10072 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s normal behavior when run on newer versions of Windows.

You can set System Ninja to always have administrator rights, so you will only have to click “yes” once. This can be achieved by right clicking on the shortcut, selecting ‘Properties’ and ticking “Run As Administrator” in the compatibility tab.

See screenshot for details:
    ninja

#10073 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your time in this issue. I will forward the information to my friend.

Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #10069 in Popup window???
Your information: