Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

ProcessAlive – Automatically restart crashed programs

Home Forums Product Support ProcessAlive – Automatically restart crashed programs

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

any updates?
    thanks.

#8067 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Just uploaded 0.6 which adds basic support for commandline arguments. You can currently only specify one per process.

I’ve also fixed a bug causing Windows to bluescreen when ProcessAlive attempts to open a 32bit Piriform product on x64 Windows. Apparently Piriform doesn’t limit the number of child processes their products are allowed to create; which leads to a Fork-bomb-like DDOS.

#8074 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

tested works as expected.

thanks.

#8114 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there any support for Win8? I ran the software and the ‘save list to a file’ check box does not actually create a file and ticking the ‘start with windows’ check box creates an error : http://i.imgur.com/eISy1.png
    Cheers – great app.

#8115 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

It seems Microsoft have removed support for creating startup entries (via the registry) in Windows 8. You might need to use the Windows Task Scheduler to handle this functionality.

The ‘save list to a file’ option usually starts working when the app has administrator rights. For some bizarre reason, Windows considers writing a text file to be dangerous behaviour.

Once I get a Windows 8 test machine set up; I’ll look at resolving these issues. It will be at least a couple of months though.

#8116 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

No problem. Thank you for the prompt reply!

#8126 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First off ~~Great Program~~ Had our devs’ working on a Sevice but no need anymore cause you guys ROCK~!

I am in the process of converting all our old Dell Boxes to work as Thin Stations.
    This program was the last peace of the puzzle(or so I had hoped).
    Is there anyway to set the program to not only start ,but run with the pre-configured
    settings. For example* It is set to start on windows start up and the list/program has been saved (Path the the Thin Client APP) However when I do not have Explorer.exe set as the shell it does not start Automatically.
    So the way i chose to get around that is to run it as a Task via Task scheduler.
    but this simply opens the Program and doesn’t start.

So, to re-clarify my question: Is there a way to configure the program (maybe that .INI file) to start the “Keep these programs alive…” thingumabob

Thanks for your time,
    Cameron

#8127 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

If you’re using the Task Scheduler, make sure you add the “/AUTO” commandline switch which tells ProcessAlive to start monitoring.

#8128 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible to add a delay timer?
    I mean the amount of second or minutes PA checks if the program is running?

We have a particular program that when exited or even crashes our scripts auto run procs to clean log files.

So even when the program is exited normally we still have to wait 1 min before restarting it until all logs/procs have been run.

If I am missing a cmd augment for delay please let me know.
    Thank You

#8129 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Shaun; there isn’t currently a delay option. It wouldn’t be overly difficult to add though. If I’m not too tired later, I’ll see if I can whip something up.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 92 total)
Reply To: Reply #16284 in ProcessAlive – Automatically restart crashed programs
Your information: