Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

32bit registry entries on 64bit system

Home Forums Product Support JavaRa Support 32bit registry entries on 64bit system

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve followed the instructions in the “Completely Remove Java…” page but I still have lots of Java stuff in the Registry. I think my problems may stem from a 32->64 bit migration done long ago.

I have Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit. When I install Java it goes into “Program Files (x86)\Java”. But there are lots of registry entries that refer to “Program Files\Java”.

I’ve removed Java from the uninstaller, used the JavaRa removal routine and removed the Java directory from both “Program Files” and “Program Files (x86)”.

Should JavaRa be able to clean up the remnants from the old install? I think the registry entries were created circa jre7.5

The only thing I’ve run into that was broken was the Java Control Panel and I’ve fixed that, but I worry there may be other glitches waiting to be found.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: 32bit registry entries on 64bit system
Your information: