Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Bug found

Home Forums System Ninja Support Bug found

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Shane and people,

I found one bug in SystemNinja that you can fix to next version. The bug is the following:

When you click in “Scan for Junk”, and don’t select any hard disk and click in “continue”, the SystemNinja will scan. Do you already knew this bug?

Thanks,
    Fernando P.

Phobos

Yep, it already was. #post-3723
    But thx

Vjcobra

I also discovered a bug in system ninja v2.3.4 which messed up the dotNET4 client files (corrupted) after cleaning junk files.

I reinstall the dotNET4 client, all files returned back to normal, but when I re-clean the junk files, the dotNET4 client files get corrupted again.

This does not apply to system ninja v2.3.3 though (clean).

Thanks and regards.

David

@Vjcobra
    how you detect corrupted .Net file?

Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

I can’t reproduce this behaviour. Would you be able to list the files/directories that this is affecting?

The only .NET location targeted by System Ninja are:
    DetectFolder:%WinDir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\SetupCache~|*.*~|RECURSE
    DetectFolder:%WinDir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\SetupCache~|*.*~|RECURSE

Vjcobra

Before scanning using SystemNinja v2.3.4 I backup the system registry using windows7Manager v4.0.7 also check the installed apps integrity via Windows Uninstall & Your Unistaller! Pro v7.4.2012.05 to see if all are ok then I clean the junk files then recheck the installed apps via the above utility and discovered the dotNET4 are corrupted then I tried to repair the dotNET4 to its original status via dotNET4 reinstall process, the problem persist.

However, a complete uninstall & reinstall of dotNET4 cure the problem.

Thnks & Regards.

David

deleting microsoft.NET cache will make repair and uninstall for .net4 not working

see here
    Winapp2.ini

Aaron Stebner’s WebLog

Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Vjcobra & David. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

If you have CleanSync enabled; the offending cleaning rule will automatically be removed the next time you run System Ninja.

If you prefer manual removal, the cleaning rule is located at %programfiles%\System Ninja\scripts\microsoftnet.ninjascript

Apologies for any trouble. If anyone needs help repairing their .NET install, feel free to email me from the contact page.

Vjcobra

Shane Gowland

Thanks for the excellent support and all the best plus kind regards to you ans all the staffs.

Phobos

System Ninja 2.3.5

SHA-1 and SHA-256 aren’t correctly calculated.
    In GetPlugins all descriptions identical.
    If install Registry Cleaner through GetPlugins plugin not work. If downloaded manually it work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.