Login or Sign Up

Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member,
please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Ask a Question
All Questions
System Ninja
JavaRa
CCEnhancer
Remembr
Bzzt! Image Editor
Before you ask a question

1. Make sure you're using the most recent version of the program.

2. Try searching the forum, perhaps your problem has already been described and solved.

3. Please provide following info:
– OS architecture (x86 or x64)
– Screenshot if applicable
– Step to reproduce issue

cannot update Java – jre1.7.0_07.msi missing

Home Forums Product Support JavaRa Support cannot update Java – jre1.7.0_07.msi missing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    I try to update yo Java 7 rel 15.
    Each time I try, I get a message
    “The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is uanvailable. Enter a path to a folder containing the installation package ‘jre1.7.0_07.msi’.

I found this file in the folder “Documents and Se tings\userXX\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.7.0_07”. However, when I select it, I got second message “jrel1.7.0_07.msi is not a valid installation package for the product Java 7 update 11. Try to find an installation package jre1.7.0_07.msi in a folder from which you can install Java 7 Update 11”

If I click on “Cancel”, I get another error message “Error 1714. The older version of Java 7 Update 15 cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group”

This is all strange because I try to install Update 15 and then I’m told about installing Update 11 … and removing Update 15 …”

I guessed all my Java installation is messed up.

So, I tried Java Ra but so far without success (I tried the various options but none solve the problem; I still cannot install update 15).

Can you help ?

#8573 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been researching high & low for an answer to the very same problem that you posted here, but no method of resolution has worked. Did you ever get this problem fixed on your computer? I would be very interested in knowing what you’ve done to resolve this issue. My HP laptop with Windows 8 was purchased only three months ago & has worked beautifully until this Java problem popped up after I allowed Java to automatically download updates. I’m about to pull my hair out trying to find a solution. Please respond to let me know what you have found out.

#8574 Reply
    Phobos

Uninstall JRE using RevoUninstaller then install a new version JRE.

Windows 10 Insider Preview, x64

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: cannot update Java – jre1.7.0_07.msi missing
Your information:

89 − 80 =