Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

doesn't work in windows 8 enterprise 64bit

Home Forums System Ninja Support doesn't work in windows 8 enterprise 64bit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

After upgrading to windows 8 system ninja takes several hours to do it search, something is wrong.

Before upgrade a search took max 10 minutes on my dell precision t1500 with icore7 processor.

Can you fix this.

#8166 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

If you watch it run, approximately how many files is it scanning every second?

#8167 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

it is counting up, on 5 seconds it has scanned 10000 files but the behaviour is different from my 2 other 32 bits Machines.

It only says that it found 4 tmp-files after 5 minutes of scan.

On the other 32 bit pc:s the scan is over in a couple of minutes.

On bottom on the 64bit machine number of scanned files is increasing but it doesn’t find any files. My icore7 processor has 4 cores and i didn’t had this problem when running windows 7.

#8176 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Could it be that there simply isn’t a lot of junk on the new PC? A fresh install of Windows would mean the filesystem is quite clean.

Another possibility is the presence of a Windows.old directory in C:/. Windows seems to place it in the slowest part of the disk, so it takes an unusually long time to scan.

#8177 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

windows.old could be the problem since i upgraded from windows7.

I did a fresh install of windows 8 but windows.old is in the C: directory.

Can you do a parameter in program to exclude windows.old in your scan?

#8179 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Not currently. The best solution is to revoke access rights to Windows.old using Windows permission manager. That will cause System Ninja to skip right over it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: doesn't work in windows 8 enterprise 64bit
Your information: