Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Java Fubar after running JavaRa

Home Forums Product Support JavaRa Support Java Fubar after running JavaRa

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

This tutorial was written back in the Windows XP era, but the instructions are still applicable. http://www.duckware.com/pmvr/howtoincreaseappletmemory.html

Make sure you modify the “Java Application Runtime Settings,” not the Applet settings shown in the picture.

Add ‘-Xmx300m’ to the “Runtime Parameters” box. Replace 300 with whatever amount of RAM you wish to allocate; but make sure you don’t go overboard (eg >1024) or else your performance will seriously suffer.

Ann

AND – taskmanager gives me several processes for chrome.exe tho’ I have only ONE window open with TWO tabs in the same window? I think there is something seriously wrong with my computer!

Ann

Thank You for answering! I hope that will help! I will try!

Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

As for Chrome; that’s normal, expected behaviour. It creates a new process for every tab you have open, plus every extension, app, theme or flash container. As I type I have about 15 chrome.exe processes running with only four tabs open.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Java Fubar after running JavaRa’ is closed to new replies.