Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

JavaRa 2.1 Closing by Itself

Home Forums Product Support JavaRa Support JavaRa 2.1 Closing by Itself

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I had been using JavaRa for several days and testing it as a possible solution for use on a ton of PC’s that have a wide range of Java versions, but after using it a few times on my PC and reinstalling Java 7 Update 4, JavaRa no longer stays open. If I open it I can quickly click around to other areas of the program but after a couple seconds it closes. Any ideas?

-Kevin

Phobos

Add in config.ini

SaveLog:True

Run the program. Copy the contents of the log file to the forum.

Anonymous
    Inactive

JavaRa 2.0 loaded without incident. Checking system…

Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

So it’s not progressing beyond the system check? That’s odd.

Could you share some details about your operating system and other software that’s running?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Correct, the program closes after a few seconds and that’s all the ever makes it into the log.

I’m running 64-bit Windows 7 Professional and as far as other programs it should be minimal because it also closes in safe mode. I can probably export a list of installed programs if that’s helpful, but considering in safe mode none of them are running I’m not sure how helpful that will be.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone?

Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

What antivirus are you running? Does temporarily turning it off make any difference?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s ESET Endpoint Security, but completely uninstalling it doesn’t change anything. That was one of the first things I ruled out…

Anonymous
    Inactive

What kind of routines is it running when it’s “Checking system”. Can I run any of these routines outside of the program to see if that sheds some light on what’s failing? I also have 2 XP machines that are doing the same thing. The product runs fine on most machines so I’m having a hard time finding any differences between a working machine and a non-working machine.

Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

It could be the update check that’s failing. Open up the config.ini file (should be in the same folder as JavaRa.exe) and add the following line:

UpdateCheck:False

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.