Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

JavaRA 2.6 Did Not Remove Old JRE Directories

Home Forums Product Support JavaRa Support JavaRA 2.6 Did Not Remove Old JRE Directories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike

I downloaded JavaRa because it claimed to be able to “completely remove old and redundant versions of JRE”.  However, that has not been my experience.  I ran JavaRa version 2.6 on my Windows 7 64bit OS and the results were not as expected.

1.)  I ran the Update JavaRa Definitions
    2.)  I ran the Perform Removal Routine

Although it said it removed a few items, it doesn’t say what.  So I checked to see if the old JRE were removed.  Although none were listed as “Installed” in the control panel other than the current version JRE1.8.0_74 I still had the following remaining and untouched:

C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_65
    C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_60
    C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_40
    C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_25
    C:/Program Files/Java/jre7

Can someone tell me if I did something wrong or if I misunderstand what JavaRa is actually suppose to do?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Those directories are from relatively newer versions of the JRE, and subsequently won’t be removed by JavaRa which stopped receiving updates in December 2014.

Mike

It figures!  Any way to manually update the DEF file?

Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

You can manually open the JavaRa.def file in a text editor and, following the format presented there, add new entries to the file. Just make sure you don’t accidentally update over the top of it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.