Thanks to help from Robbie Ward (User: winapp2.ini); I’ve made this very simple console app to detect common errors with your winapp2.ini file.
How do I use it?
Simply place ‘winapp2.ini’ in the same folder as ‘WinappDebug.exe’ and run the tool. It will output a list of errors that it detects.
What kind of errors does it detect?
– Starting and trailing whitespace
– LangSecRef, FileKey & RegKey spelling errors
– Spaces in environmental variables
– Missing numbers next to FileKey and Regkey entries
– Missing backslashes next to environmental variables
– Incorrect usage of the ‘Detect’ & ‘DetectFile’ commands.
It’s not working! HELP!!!
WinappDebug requires the Microsoft .NET Framework to be installed on your computer. Make sure winapp2.ini can be accessed by the tool by closing any programs you are using to edit it.