MetroTextual 2.0 is now available! This is a major release including a significant user interface redesign and a lot of bug fixes.
Added a dark theme called Carbon – the new default style
Improved the discoverability of the syntax highlighting toggle
Moved the menu to the left sidebar
Removed the MetroTextual title, icon and other branding
Added syntax highlighting and autocomplete support for Ruby
Fixed issues with drag-and-drop file opening
Updated Greek, Brazilian and Russian translation files
Fixed issue where syntax highlighting was not applied to files opened from the commandline
Fixed crash when switching between certain syntax highlighting modes
Fixed issue where code folding could not be enabled
You can get the latest version from the official download page.
The latest version of MetroTextual has been released! Version 1.8 is packed with new features, including editing support for Rich Text, Java, PHP and C++ files. There’s lots of bug fixes too, plus a new Greek translation.
- Added support for Rich Text documents, plus a font styling toolbar
- Redesigned and simplified the settings page
- Added syntax highlighting support for PHP, Java and C++
- Added code folding support to all supported languages
- Added a window transparency option
- ‘Toggle Live Preview’ button added to the context menu for Markdown and HTML documents
- Added Greek translation and updated the Russian translation
- Fixed an audio bug encountered when using the HTML or Markdown Live Preview panel
You can grab the latest version from the MetroTextual download page. If you enjoy using MetroTextual, please consider supporting us financially by joining the SingularLabs Pro Club.