Support Forum

Registration is not required to ask a question. If you're a Pro Club member, please use our Priority Support page for a faster response.

Junk Cleaner +Windows10

Home Forums Product Support Junk Cleaner +Windows10

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    George Cane

Hi,

Just updated System Ninja to version 3.2.5 in the hope that I could now use the Junk Cleaner again, which I’ve not been able to use since the start of Windows 10.

Disappointed. The same thing is still happening, I start the cleaner, it displays the filepath of just one file, pauses for a few seconds then System Ninja closes.

Everything else seems to work, I didn’t actually use any of the other tools because I’d just used those I use with the previous version.

System Ninja, the previous version, still works properly in my wife’s Windows 7 laptop.

George Cane

#14065 Reply
    Phobos

Run the program as an administrator. Activate the debug mode in the settings. Reproduce the problem. Download here “debug-errors-***.log” from the program folder.

Windows 11 Pro Insider, x64

#14098 Reply
    Poppa Mintin
    Participant

Exception encountered in module [System Ninja]
    Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at System_Ninja.routine_startup_data.read_x64_registry_startups()

#14103 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

These don’t cause any issues. They’re leftovers from when Windows first implemented the Wow6432Node redirects.

#14106 Reply
    Poppa Mintin
    Participant

OK…

So, I uninstalled System Ninja, then using RegEdit, I removed all references to System Ninja from the registry.

Then re-booted the laptop, re-installed from “ninja-setup-3.2.5.exe” running as administrator.

Than ran System Ninja, ‘ as administrator’, went to the ‘Options’ tab and selected ‘Debug Mode’, and tried using ‘Junk Remover’, the problem is still just the same.

I opened the System Ninja folder but this time ‘ debug-errors-***.log’ is absent.

#14107 Reply
    Poppa Mintin
    Participant

I find that there is a ‘Dump’ file in ‘AppData\Local\CrashDumps’.

herewith in case it helps.

#14108 Reply
    Poppa Mintin
    Participant

Ah…  too big, zipped is smaller.

Try again.

#14112 Reply
    Poppa Mintin
    Participant

Still trying to find an answer to my problem.

Usually when I start Junk Scanner, I’m offered a choice of which drives to scan, and usually I choose just C:\ and click Scan, today out of curiosity I chose D:\ and clicked Scan…  Junk Scanner worked correctly, finding and deleting over a gigabyte of junk !

Then I tried scanning C:\again and the application failed in the usual way.  I tried de-selecting all but ‘Temporary’ files and tried again, and sadly the application failed again.  I then tried de-selecting just ‘Temporary’ files, and again the application failed.

Logically there must be something somewhere ‘Protecting’ the C:\drive…  I’m not keen on the idea of closing my AV program to test that, and anyway, why would that protect the C:\ drive but not the D:\ ?

#14113 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

C:\ is typically the system drive and would be protected more than others.

What A/V are you using? We can spin up a VM and test whether there’s a conflict happening.

#14114 Reply
    Phobos

I think we need to look into Windows journal through the event viewer.

Windows 11 Pro Insider, x64

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Junk Cleaner +Windows10
Your information: